The Dundalk Poetry Competition is now open for entries, closing date for submissions is 1st May 2020.
Please send all entries via email to this address: email@example.com
Short-list will be announced on the 8th May, The prize-winner for competition will be announced and awarded during the Dundalk Poetry Festival, Co. Louth. Which will take place on the 23rd May 2020. All short-listed poets will also be invited to read at the festival.
The winner will receive a commissioned piece of artwork inspired by the winning poem, from renowned artist John O Connor, along with a cash prize. Second and third place will also receive a cash prize. The Judge for this competition is Mary Melvin Geoghegan.
- All poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- All poems must be written in English.
- Poems must not have been published or previously awarded.
- The judges decision is final.
Formatting and Entry Details
- Poems should be formatted in Times New Roman, 12 point, single spacing and must not exceed 30 lines (excluding title and stanza breaks).
- Poems must be attached as a single Word document to entry email.
- Please type Dundalk Poetry Competition and entrants name in the subject line of the email.
- The body of the email must include entrants contact details, email address & phone number.
Entry Fee: €5 per poem or €10 for three poems.
Entrants pay by PayPal to address firstname.lastname@example.org